June 27, 2013

The Wrongest Right


Here u are
b4 my eyes
and back in my heart
my dream with no chance to breathe
my past with no future
time has gone by
but I can still see the beautiful young man
who captured my heart
smiles come as easily
words flow as sweet
and eyes still sparkle in the dark
unsure of your feelings
I tiptoe around the perimeters of my attraction
your arms welcome me
it's where I've always wanted 2 b
but I already know
the touch is right
but from the wrong man
your touch is the wrongest right thing I know
and your kiss is the rightest wrong
I know what I have to do
but I'm stuck in your gaze
I want to run away
but my feet are planted
in the undying hope of a requited love
I'm back to my senses
and heading for the first door I see
as I leave your side once again
memories flash
regret and revelations from yet another missed opportunity
quietly walk behind me
Mr. Right
Mr. Wrong
you are that and more 2 me
I'll let you go
but I know you are never that far away...

© Antoinette Davis
6.27.13






No comments:

Post a Comment