November 16, 2015

A Few Words about the Paris Attacks


 
 

A Few Words about the Paris Attacks
I don’t post rants on FB because I feel like there is plenty of griping to go around, but the posts I’m seeing surrounding prayers for Paris has me more than a little ticked. I’ve seen posts suggesting that if you acknowledge Paris, you are somehow ignoring terrorism in other parts of the world. I’ve seen posts suggesting that Black people sending prayers to Paris have somehow been bamboozled, and are playing into some new form of slavery. I’ve seen posts saying the God Himself is responsible for terrorism. Ridiculous, idiotic posts.
Where do I even start? Let’s start with God being responsible for terrorism. Everybody has been given free will, but the last time I checked, God didn’t want us to kill anybody. What you do from day to day is on you. Blaming God for our bad choices is asinine, and disgraceful.
The thought that I as a Black person cannot pray for another country/race of people without being made to feel like a traitor – That has got to be one of THE most ridiculous things I’ve seen for a while. I’m not ‘having the wool pulled over my eyes’ because I DARE extend my prayers to someone who looks nothing like me. My prayers are not, nor have they ever been only for Black people. Do you know how dumb y’all sound with that mess? On a scale of foolish to crazy, you've obliterated the scale and sailed right into unadulterated stupidity. The fact that anybody feels that prayers are strictly reserved for people who look like themselves makes them/you part of the problem. Not only is race being brought into a situation that knows no race, but you/they are also bringing division and divisiveness into a situation (terrorism) that needs all the light we can send its way. Divisiveness taken to the extreme, lives, breathes, and breeds inside of terrorism.
Acknowledging prayers for Paris in NO way means that other countries experiencing slaughters/killings/terrorism are being left out or forgotten. If you feel that other countries experiencing these things are getting less attention, blame the media monster. Everybody knows the media is the devil. YOU can post about things going on in the world just like the media can.
My last thought is that any prayer sent to people in need is a good prayer, and shouldn’t be condemned by anybody. Why should people have to qualify their prayers to you or anybody else? If you/we send up prayers in good faith, they why are you or anybody else shooting down the prayers? When it’s all said and done, yes, we all do need prayers. That point hasn’t been lost. But as long as prayers aren’t being sent to Satan, why should it matter which country is being prayed for? Whose side are you on anyway? I’m out. Peace.
Antoinette Davis , November 16, 2015
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment