October 11, 2019

Best childhood memories 10.2.19


I know it’s horrible, but I honestly don’t think I have that many good memories of my childhood. The one memory that sticks out in my mind happened when I was 5 or 6 years old.

My school was having a Halloween parade and party, but you had to have a costume in order to participate. My mom forgot my costume, and I had to sit in the principals’ office while the other kids went to the parade and party.

I was there for a little while, and I started crying. I looked up and my mom was there with my costume. She was hurrying to get me dressed. The whole time she was dressing me, she was saying ‘I’m so sorry, baby! I forgot about your party. Hurry up and get dressed!” I got dressed, and we ran across the street so that I could join the party. I was having the best time, and I looked up, and I saw my mom watching me. Our eyes connected, and I could tell that she was just as happy as I was. She was clapping along with me (from a short distance away), and I jumped up and down cuz I was so happy. She had the biggest smile on her face. She left after a few minutes of watching.

I don’t know if she even knew that I remembered this, or how strongly I felt about what she did for me. I never doubted her love for me, but this memory takes her love for her children to an amazing level for me. This is a memory I don’t think I’ll ever forget. Thanks, Mom :-) ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment