October 24, 2019

Best compliment I’ve received, October 24, 2019


This happened years ago. Me and my oldest niece were at an outdoor market in the city. We were outside just kind of browsing, and this man walked up. He said he didn’t want to interrupt us, but he had to tell us something. He said: “You both are sophisticated, and humble. You both shine, but in a low-key, humble kind of way. You don’t see that often, and I just thought I would let you both know that.” He wished us well, and went about his day.

Even though that was so long ago, his words have stuck with me. Me and my niece are humble people. I just didn’t think that anybody would be so struck by that fact. I guess I just take it for granted that most people try to be humble. What could you possibly gain by not being humble?

No comments:

Post a Comment