October 11, 2019

Make a list of five things you’re afraid of – 10.2.19



At first, I started to go with just regular, mundane things I'm scared of. Later, I decided I would dig a little deeper to make an honest list of what I'm afraid of. YES, I put clowns right up there at the top. **shudders**


Clowns – just too creepy! I don’t trust you if I can’t see your real face, or your emotions. 


Failure – I know they say nothing beats a failure but a try, but it would kill me if I failed at something that was truly important to me. It’s not the small failures I’m afraid of. It’s the big ones. 




Not being loved and always being lonely – THIS is something that keeps me up at night. The fear of me putting out love and not receiving it back scares the hell out of me. I don’t want to live my life alone, but every day I wonder when / if I will ever meet my other half. Maybe I’m destined to always be lonely. That scares me.



Not being able to let go of my childhood hurts – THIS, again, is one thing that keeps me up at night. I’m 55, and I’m still dogged by memories of all the bad things that happened to me as a child. I know that the hurts have kept me grounded in such a bad place. I’ve made SO much progress, but in my heart, I know it’s not enough. Or, rather, I haven’t done enough to take care of my mental health.

Continuing to live below my potential – Living with regrets scares me to death. I know I was put here to do something BIG, but I’m scared to do it. I’m just as scared NOT to do it. I’m scared I’ll die and would have lived beneath my true potential. And that would be a total waste of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment